We all know we need to maintain, preserve and improve our vital transportation network. It’s a network our economy depends on, but where can we turn to for the funding needed to pay for these investments?
Just a reminder that all Metro Transit riders are invited to an open house and Town Hall meeting today with elected leaders from cities and the county to learn more about our critical infrastructure needs for roads, bridges, highways and transit service.
Eastside Transportation Town Hall
Today, Wednesday, June 19
5:30-6:30 p.m. open house and comment period;
6:30-8 p.m. moderated panel discussion and questions
Bellevue City Hall
450 110th Ave. NE
Bellevue, WA 98004
Speakers and panelists include:
- Bellevue Deputy Mayor Jennifer Robertson
- Auburn Mayor Pete Lewis
- Kenmore Mayor Dave Baker
- Kirkland Mayor Joan McBride
- Mercer Island Mayor Bruce Bassett
- Sammamish Councilmember Don Gerend
- King County Councilmember Jane Hague
- King County Councilmember Rod Dembowski, and
- Deputy King County Executive Fred Jarrett.
If you are unable to attend the moderated panel discussion you can watch a live stream of the event here.