The King County Council will hold a public hearing on proposed Metro Transit fare changes on Tuesday, Feb. 18, 1:30 p.m. in the King County Courthouse, Room 1001, 516 Third Ave, Seattle.
The following changes are proposed:
- Increase fares by 25 cents per trip in all current Metro fare categories—adults, youth, seniors and people with disabilities—for all regularly scheduled transit services.
- Create a new reduced fare of $1.50 per trip for qualifying riders who have low incomes.
- Increase fares by $0.50 per trip for Access paratransit service, which serves people with disabilities who cannot use regular bus service. Access riders would not be eligible for the reduced fare for qualified riders with low incomes.
If approved by the County Council, the changes will take effect March 1, 2015.
- Find more information on Metro’s website
- See proposed ordinance 2014-0038
If you have questions or comments, call 206-296-1000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.