Whoa, that’s a busy street!
Did you know that Third Avenue is downtown Seattle’s most heavily used transit corridor? More than 2,500 buses travel the corridor every weekday and about 42,000 people board at bus stops on the corridor each day. Thousands of visitors, workers, shoppers, and area residents also use Third Avenue daily.
We want to hear from you!
Have an idea about how to make Third Avenue in downtown Seattle more transit and pedestrian friendly?
We’re partnering with the Seattle Department of Transportation to improve Third Avenue for transit users, pedestrians, business and visitors alike to design future improvements along the corridor. We’d love to get your ideas and input on potential design features like:
• Improved lighting throughout the corridor
• New bus shelters and waiting areas for travelers
• New artistic elements throughout the corridor to help make Third Avenue more welcoming and enjoyable
Meet us on Third Avenue!
Come join us to learn more and share your ideas on proposed designs. We’ll be on Third Avenue sharing design concepts and collecting feedback at the following times and locations:
• Thursday, October 9 from 3 – 6 pm, east side of 3rd, between Battery St and Bell St
• Saturday, October 11 from 11 am – 2 pm, east side of 3rd, between Stewart St and Pine St
• Wednesday, October 15 from 3 – 6 pm, west side of 3rd, between Seneca St and Spring St
• Thursday, October 16 from 11 am – 2 pm, east side of 3rd, between Yesler Way and S Washington St
Can’t make any of the times above?