Starting Tuesday, Feb. 17, six Metro bus routes will be rerouted for two months because of a construction project near the Aurora Village Transit Center. The City of Shoreline is closing the westbound lane of N 200th Street between the transit center and Aurora Avenue N for construction to install a joint utility trench. Learn more »
The routes listed below will continue to serve the transit center, but what they do after they leave the transit center will change as follows:
- Route 301 to downtown Seattle will take Ashworth Avenue N, N 185th Street, and northbound Aurora Avenue N to the Shoreline Park-and-Ride, where it will resume its regular routing.
- Route 303X to Richmond Beach will take Meridian Avenue N to N 205th Street, resuming its regular routing weStreet of Aurora Avenue N.
- Route 331 to Shoreline College will take Meridian Avenue N, N 205th Street, and southbound Aurora Avenue N to westbound N 200th Street, where it will resume its regular routing.
- Route 342 to the Shoreline Park-and-Ride will take Meridian Avenue N, N 185th Street, and northbound Aurora Avenue N to the park-and-ride.
- Route 373 to the University District will take Meridian Avenue N, N 185th Street, and northbound Aurora Avenue N to the Shoreline Park-and-Ride, where it will resume its regular routing.
- RapidRide E Line to downtown Seattle will take Meridian Avenue N and N 185th Street to southbound Aurora Avenue N, where it will resume its regular routing.
There will be no routing changes for Route 303 to First Hill, Route 342 to Renton, or Route 346 to Haller Lake.
Riders, please note that these reroutes and the construction itself are likely to delay buses arriving at the Aurora Village Transit Center and the Shoreline Park-and-Ride. It’s probably a good idea to allow extra travel time when going to and from these places during the project.
After the westbound lane of N 200th Street is reopened, Shoreline will still be working in the area for another four months, and Metro will revise the reroutes as needed. Here are some ways to stay up-to-date:
- Sign up for Transit Alerts about these or other Metro bus routes, go to kingcounty.gov/metro
- Visit Metro’s Park & Ride Alert page
- Check Metro’s Service Advisories page
If you have questions or comments about the construction project, email the City of Shoreline at firstname.lastname@example.org or call their 24-hour hotline: 206-801-2485.