The Overlake Transit Center Park-and- Ride closes for up to six years on Monday, May 1, and Metro and Sound Transit are ready with options and resources to help customers plan an alternate commute.
The park-and-ride will close for construction of the new East Link light rail extension from Seattle to Redmond. Metro and Sound Transit customers are encouraged to plan ahead and take advantage of trip-planning resources that are available.
East Link construction also will cause the South Bellevue Park-and-Ride to close May 30. Customers who use that park & ride also are encouraged to start planning ahead.
Sound Transit has leased several park & ride lots from property owners nearby and there are other existing lots with spaces available. More information on those locations is available via this map on Sound Transit’s website.
For commuters who want to try something new, Metro’s JustOneTrip.org has information on alternatives to driving such as carpooling, vanpooling and biking and walking connections; or where they can fill out a form to request a custom trip plan. Customers also can call (206) 553-3000 to speak with a customer service representative who can help plan a route.
Metro and Sound Transit buses and Microsoft shuttles will continue to serve the Overlake Transit Center while the park & ride is closed. Routes that serve the Overlake Transit Center include Metro routes 232, 243, 244, 245, 249, 268, 269, and the RapidRide B Line, and ST routes 541, 542, 545, 566 and 567.
For more information on Overlake Transit Center Park & Ride closure May 1:
- Plan ahead and find alternate park & ride options
- Visit Just One Trip to learn about alternatives to driving alone, incentives, and helpful resources to plan your trip.
- Subscribe to receive East Link construction alerts
- Learn more about East Link Construction
- Learn about the Redmond Technology Center Station coming to Overlake Transit Center, located at 15590 NE 36th St in Redmond (aerial view).
- Learn about the South Bellevue Station.
- Contact Sound Transit Community Outreach at (206) 398-LINK or email firstname.lastname@example.org.