Veterans heading to the 8th Annual Seattle Stand Down on Dec. 13-14 can ride free on King County Metro and Sound Transit buses, light rail, and Sounder trains to the event.
The Seattle Stand Down event, which connects veterans, service members, and their families who are experiencing homelessness with local resources and services, will be hosted at South Seattle College’s Georgetown campus.
The Seattle Stand Down will open for registration at 7 a.m .on Thursday, Dec. 13. Services will be available from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. On Friday, Dec. 14, registration will begin at 7 a.m. with services available from 8 a.m. until 2 p.m.
It’s a one-stop shop for veterans to receive housing assistance, case management referrals,employment opportunities, legal aid, medical screenings, eye exams, dental services, haircuts, personal hygiene items, veterinarian care, and meals – all coordinated through representatives from businesses, nonprofits, educational institutions, and all levels of government are brought together at one location to provide
Veterans traveling to or from the two-day event can ride free by showing one of the following forms of ID:
- Veteran Health Identification Card
- Uniformed Identification Card
- DD-214 discharge paperwork
- Driver’s license with veteran’s designation
Veterans also can obtain a special two-sided free bus pass by contacting Hopelink at firstname.lastname@example.org, calling (425) 943-6760, or visiting one of the following service providers:
Metro bus routes that travel to or near the campus include routes 60, 124, 131, 107 and 154. Route 154 is peak-only service. For additional information about transit service,visit Metro Online or Metro’s Puget Sound Trip Planner, or call Metro’s Customer Information line at 206-553-3000.
- VA Community Housing and Outreach Services – 419 S. Second Ave., Suite 2, Renton, 98057
- Washington state Department of Veteran Affairs – 2106 Second Ave., Seattle, 98121
- YWCA Support Services for Veteran Families program
- El Centro de la Raza – 2524 16th Ave S, Seattle, 98144
- God’s Little Acre – 12517 33rd Ave. N.E.; Seattle, 98125
- King County Veterans Program – Renton WorkSource – 500 S.W. Seventh St. #100, Renton, 98057
- King County Veterans Program – Seattle WorkSource – 2106 Second Ave., Seattle, 98121
- The Salvation Army William Booth Center – 811 Maynard Ave. S., Seattle, 98134
- Salvation Army Renton Foodbank
- Downtown Urban Rest Stop
- Federal Way Multi-Service Center Foodbank
- St. Martin de Porres
- Bread of Life Mission
- Federal Way Vet Center
- Workforce Everett & Workforce Lynnwood
- CCSWW Mark Cooper House
- Jewish Family Services
- Valley Cities Behavioral Health Care
More information is available at www.theseattlestanddown.org.