Five, count ‘em, five big days ahead packed with fun, carbs and potential traffic and transit delays.
If you are heading downtown or riding transit, be ready for all of the above – including the Macy’s Day parade and tree lighting, fun runs and marathons, potential demonstrations and of course, Apple Cup.
And when you come back to work next week – Monday Night Football is in Seattle as the Seahawks take on the Vikings at 5:15 p.m., Dec. 2.
(Our full transit alert has all the details you could ever need.)
Best bets for staying informed: Sign up (text and email) and follow us on Twitter, and follow our friends at WSDOT, SDOT and KCRoads for info on the highways and the byways.
- Thursday: Thanksgiving means Sunday bus schedules, which is fine because Sunday frequency is better than it has ever been. No water taxi service, though.
- Friday: Macy’s Holiday Parade is in downtown Seattle and that means morning reroutes, Apple Cup at 1 p.m. at Husky Stadium, tree lighting at Westlake Park (4:30-6:30 p.m.), potential demonstrations along Link Light Rail and downtown routes. Turkey trots (fun runs) abound!
- Saturday: Seattle Kids Marathon at Seattle Center, Magnolia Winterfest
- Sunday: Seattle Marathon, Bothell tree lighting
- Monday: Hawks vs Vikings at Century Link!
Are you a new rider? Load up an ORCA card or buy a trip on transit on the fly with the Transit Go Ticket app on your favorite mobile device.
Frequent riders: You know the drill, pack your ORCA card and bring a friend, and leave your car where it belongs, in the driveway!
How do opt out? Besides useing text messages?
Comments are closed.