For many across King County, Thanksgiving week means travel for holiday meals and time with family, cheering at the Apple Cup, and celebrating at the holiday tree lighting in downtown Seattle.
Here’s what you need to know about King County Metro services this week:
- Thursday, Nov. 25, Thanksgiving Day: Metro buses and the First Hill Streetcar will operate a Sunday schedule. The South Lake Union Streetcar, King County Water Taxi, and water taxi shuttle routes 773 and 775 will not operate. Via to Transit will operate Sunday hours, which in Othello, Rainier Beach/Skyway and Tukwila is 6 a.m. to midnight, and in Renton Highlands is 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Ride Pingo to Transit will operate Sunday hours (7 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
- Friday, Nov. 26: Metro buses and the Streetcars will operate regular weekday service, and Via to Transit and Ride Pingo will operate normal hours. King County Water Taxi and water taxi shuttle routes 773 and 775 will not operate.
- Sound Transit: Please visit Sound Transit’s Holiday Service page for more information on ST Express Bus, Link, and Sounder service.
- Apple Cup: 5 p.m. Friday, Nov. 26. Take regular transit service to Husky Stadium, or check out shuttles from designated park-and-rides.
- Downtown Seattle Association Tree-lighting celebration: 5-6 p.m. Friday, Nov. 26 at Westlake Park. More details are on DSA’s webpage.
This week, Metro’s trip planning specialists are available by phone Monday through Wednesday from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. at 206-553-3000. Most King County offices, including Metro’s Customer Information Center and Lost and Found, will be closed Thursday and Friday, and will reopen on Monday. Social media updates will be limited from Thursday through Sunday as well.
To plan a trip or check the status of your bus, use Metro’s Trip Planner https://tripplanner.kingcounty.gov/ or the Puget Sound Trip Planner app. The “Next Departures” section will show you the real-time status of the next few buses on that route. You can also text your stop number to 62550 for on-the-go updates. Temporary service disruptions are not reflected in Trip Planner results; check the online Service Advisories table for updates.
Have a safe and wonderful week!