Sign up for email or text alerts about King County Metro service for personalized transit alerts sent directly to you.
Metro wishes you a happy and safe New Year. Please check MetroWinter.com to plan your outgoing and return trips. Dress warmly and allow for extra time.
Weekend Service Impacts
- King County Metro will continue to operate on the Emergency Snow Network (ESN) Friday, Dec. 31, due to ongoing freezing temperatures and difficult road conditions in King County. Service remains focused on about 60 core bus routes. These bus routes will operate on a Sunday schedule on Friday, Dec. 31, in observance of the holiday.
- See what routes are included in the Emergency Snow Network.
- Metro will reassess daily whether snow clearing efforts have adequately improved road conditions and determine if there is sufficient staffing and buses to restore service and operate the broader all-day transit network. You can find the most up-to-date information on MetroWinter.com or by signing up for email or text alerts about King County Metro service.
- The Customer Service phone lines (206-553-3000) will open with limited staffing from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 31, for assistance with trip planning and ORCA cards. All comments should be submitted through the online forms.
- Before you go, please check MetroWinter.com to plan your outgoing and return trips. Dress warmly and allow for extra time.
New Year’s Weekend Service Levels
New Year's Eve
|Saturday, Jan. 1
New Year Day*
|Metro Buses||Sunday schedule|
Emergency Snow Network
|First Hill Streetcar||Regular schedule||Saturday schedule|
|South Lake Union Streetcar||Regular schedule||Saturday schedule|
|Water Taxi & Water Taxi Shuttle routes 773 & 775||No service||No service|
|Via to Transit||No service||Saturday schedule|
|Ride Pingo to Transit||No service||Saturday schedule|
|ST Express bus||Extended Sunday schedule||Saturday schedule|
|Sounder||No service||No service|
|1 Line Link light rail||Extended Sunday schedule||Saturday schedule|
|Customer Information Center||9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.||Closed|
|* Schedules are subject to change due to ongoing winter weather. You can find the most up-to-date information on MetroWinter.com or by signing up for email or text alerts about King County Metro service.|
- Seattle Center Monorail will operate extended hours on Friday, Dec. 31, opening at 9:00am and last train departs for Seattle Center at 10:30pm. Service resumes from Seattle Center to Westlake Station from ~12:20am-1:00am (Seattle Center to Westlake ONLY); on Saturday, Jan. 1, 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.; Sunday Jan. 2, 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. The Monorail will departs approximately every 10 minutes;
- We recommend customers arrive at their bus stop a few minutes before the scheduled departure time of their trip;
- Remember, it’s free and easy to sign up for email or text alerts about King County Metro service. Alerts can be tailored to your favorite route(s).
For the complete weekend transit alert click here.
As always, “It’s a great day to ride Metro” to get to events and activities where there is often traffic congestion and limited parking.