We’re excited to launch the first phase of our Lynnwood Link Connections project, and we want you to get involved.
Metro is preparing for Sound Transit’s expansion north to Shoreline and Snohomish County. By 2025, Sound Transit Link light rail will open five new stations connecting Northgate to Lynnwood.
The Lynnwood Link Connections will deliver updated bus service that complements the new light rail stations. To best serve nearby communities, we’re reaching out to residents in Bothell, Kenmore, Lake Forest Park, Mountlake Terrace, North Seattle and Shoreline for their thoughts.
A core component of planning new transit opportunities is improving mobility and access for historically underserved populations.
Here are some great opportunities to help shape the future of transit in northwest King County through Lynnwood Link Connections:
- Take a survey about your transit needs.
- Apply to join the Mobility Board (a paid leadership opportunity) and advise Metro on community engagement and the best ways to update our transit network.
- Look for Metro out in your community or sign up to receive project alerts.
Interested in the Mobility Board? We’re looking for people who:
- Live, work, and/or travel within northwest King County.
- Is a transit rider or a potential transit rider.
- Brings perspective as an individual (not as an organization).
- Is interested in drawing connections between racial equity, transportation issues, and access to opportunities.
More information about the Lynnwood Link extension is available on the Sound Transit website.
We want our Mobility Board to equitably represent groups of people who have historically been left out of decision-making related to transit and who are disproportionately affected by these decisions. We strongly encourage people with the following identities and lived experiences to apply: Black, Indigenous, and people of Color; immigrants and refugees; people who speak languages other than English; residents who are low-income or no-income; and people with disabilities.
Thank you! We look forward to hearing from you.
Questions? Prefer the application be emailed or mailed to you? Contact the Lynnwood Link Connections team at email@example.com or 206-263-1939.