King County Metro wants your feedback as we develop bus route improvements to support new light rail stations that open beginning in 2024 in north King and south Snohomish counties.
Please mark your calendar, register and plan to join one of our upcoming online open houses to learn more about proposed route improvements. Live interpretation for Spanish, Mandarin and Cantonese will be available; other interpreted languages also can be planned by emailing in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tuesday, January 24, 12-1:30 p.m. Register here.
- Saturday, February 4, 10-11:30 a.m. Register here.
- Monday, February 27, 6-7:30 p.m. Register here.
Metro also invites you to learn more and take our survey on these proposed bus routes by March 10.
When we surveyed the communities around the coming north King and south Snohomish County stations in 2022, we heard it’s difficult to travel east-west, and that improving these options is important. People also told us they value more all-day bus service instead of peak-only service, and that longer travel time is a barrier to more transit usage.
Other community priorities included:
- Transferring between modes should be convenient, accessible and reliable.
- Night owl service is important for those traveling later in the evening.
- There are destinations and neighborhoods in the area that don’t currently have transit service.
Our proposed bus route changes
Based on what we heard from the public and our partners in our first round of engagement, we are proposing bus route changes to
- Create new east-west connections to light rail and community destinations.
- Provide more all-day service instead of peak-only service.
- Add additional service on nights and weekends.
These proposed route changes incorporate feedback from our first survey, conversations with community-based organizations, and in-depth review and input from our community board and key partners, including other transit agencies.
Visit our Lynnwood Link project page to review each route in detail.
We’ll use your feedback on these potential routes to create a final bus service proposal for community review later this year.
- Take our survey on proposed bus routes around future Lynnwood light rail stations – Metro Matters (kingcountymetro.blog)
- Lynnwood Link Connections – Programs & Projects – King County Metro Transit – King County