MetroWinter.com | አማርኛ (Amharic) | 中文 (Chinese) | ភាសាខ្មែរ (Khmer) | 한국어 (Korean) ਪੰਜਾਬੀ (Punjabi) | Русский (Russian) | af Soomaali (Somali) | Español (Spanish) | Українська (Ukrainian) | Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
The region will be bundling up due to freezing temps and forecasters say there is a potential for snow – both of which could affect road conditions and bus service. Cold weather shelter locations are available through the King County Regional Homelessness Authority.
King County Metro staff are monitoring roadway conditions and weather forecasts. We will adjust service and routing if roadway conditions worsen. Riders are encouraged to monitor local road conditions, Metro communications and webpage updates for the routes they rely on.
Before traveling, riders are encouraged to:
- Sign up or update your subscriptions to receive Transit Alerts and snow route updates via text and email for the bus routes you rely on.
- Visit MetroWinter.com for tips and to review the snow route for their route.
- If snow is falling in your area, visit Metro’s service advisories page to see if Metro has suspended routes or switched to snow routes due to roadway conditions.
- Sign up for transit alerts for your favorite routes to receive updates via email and text.
Real-time information on the road
- Text your bus stop number to 62550 for an automated list of the next bus trips headed your way. Each trip will either show an estimated arrival time, “s” for scheduled, or “canceled.” Save 62550 in your phone in advance to help yourself remember.
- Next departures information is also available on Metro’s Trip Planner.
- Real-time next departure information can become less reliable if road conditions and travel delays worsen.
- Metro’s online Trip Planner and third-party apps, such as One Bus Away or Google Maps, provide results that are based on scheduled data for regular service. They do not reflect planned or unplanned snow reroutes.
Planning to travel?
- On Twitter, be sure to add @kcmetroalerts for route alerts, delays and cancellations and @KingCountyMetro for general information.
- If you need help trip planning, our customer service office is available weekdays from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. at 206-553-3000.
- Online information is available in nine languages including English, and real-time information (alerts, text for departure, water taxi, etc.) is available in English.
Other Metro services
- Don’t be caught in the cold. Winter weather also could delay or cancel service if you ride the Water Taxi, use services such as Via to Transit, Community Ride and Ride Pingo, or you use Access. Check their webpages for updates and if there are travel options available before you go.
Ride safely and comfortably
- Remember, even though the sunset is now after 5 p.m., visibility can still be a challenge. Use a flashlight or a phone to show the driver you’re there.
- Conditions could delay service, so be prepared! Bundle up with weather-appropriate clothing and footwear as you wait.