With so much going on around the region this coming weekend, culminating with nighttime fireworks displays expected to draw thousands, it’s a good idea to plan your travel.
Many areas may experience planned reroutes, or congestion and delays due to extra riders, street closures and traffic associated with community celebrations throughout the service area. Allow extra time for travel. Consider bringing water on your trips. For information about reroutes, visit our Service Advisories page for updated information.
A fireworks display is scheduled at Gas Works Park at 10:20 p.m. Tuesday
Expect traffic congestion all around the park and Lake Union as viewers trickle in throughout the afternoon and evening for the festival, with especially heavy impacts at the conclusion of the display. A handful of Metro bus trips will be added to help address expected demand and crowding.
Other cities across King County are scheduled to hold firework displays, festivals and parades, which also are expected to require bus reroutes and service adjustments. Cities with events on the Fourth include Auburn, Bellevue, Issaquah, Kent and Renton.
Changes to Link, Metro Flex, customer service hours
- Metro Flex will run on Sunday service July 4.
- Link Light Rail will be running on a Sunday schedule with, extended hours.
- First Hill Streetcar line will have regular service July 4.
- The South Lake Union Streetcar will operate extended service hours July 4; the last train will depart to Lake Union Park at 9:45 PM. Note: no trains will operate during the Lake Union fireworks display, 10:15 p.m. to 10:45 p.m.
- After the fireworks display, extra trains will be on hand, with the last train leaving Lake Union Park at about 11:15 p.m.
- The West Seattle Water Taxi will run on its Sunday schedule July 4, offering departures from 8:30 a.m. until 7 p.m.
- The Vashon Island Water Taxi route will not be in service Tuesday, July 4.
- Trailhead Direct service to Mount Si will operate all weekend, July 1 and 2, AND July 4. There is no Trailhead Direct Service Monday, July 3.
- The Sound Transit 1 Line will be running on its Sunday schedule with extended service
More information on travel planning
Visit Metro’s online regional Trip Planner or call the Customer Information Office on weekdays at 206-553-3000 to plan transit trips. Text your stop ID to 62550 to see when your bus will depart from your stop.