King County Metro will continue to suspend peak weekday routes 16, 232, 237, 301, 304 and 320 through Sept. 1 due to ongoing staff and bus availability. Some individual weekday bus trips also are canceled. Riders have alternatives available during these planned suspensions (listed below) and we will provide regular updates to keep you informed about your transit service and options.
Metro has shifted buses among its seven bases to make repairs and as a result has maintained better trip reliability across the county. Metro continues to train and hire bus operators and mechanics to deliver buses and transit services to your bus stop. Due to ongoing bus and staff availability challenges, summer service is likely to remain in the ongoing 95% range – providing more than 10,600-weekday trips – for several weeks while we repair and restore bus fleet for service. We encourage you to sign up to receive transit alerts as intermittent trip cancellations or route suspensions can occur.
Alternatives to suspended routes
- Along Greenwood Avenue North and/or Phinney Avenue North, use Route 5 to/from downtown Seattle.
- Use Route 224 between Duvall and Redmond Transit Center. Parking is available at Duvall Park & Ride.
- Use RapidRide B Line between Redmond Transit Center, Redmond Technology Station, and Bellevue Transit Center. Parking is available at Redmond Transit Center.
- In Woodinville, use Route 231 to/from Kirkland Transit Center and transfer to/from Route 250 to/from Bellevue, or use Route 311 and ST Express 532 or ST Express Route 535 or Route 342 with a transfer at Northeast 128th Street.
- At Woodinville Park & Ride, use Routes ST Express Route 522 and ST Express Route 535 with a transfer at UW Bothell / Cascadia College to travel to/from Bellevue.
- At Brickyard Park & Ride use ST Express Route 535 to/from Bellevue. Parking is available at Brickyard Park & Ride.
- At Northeast 128th Street, use ST Express Route 532 or ST Express Route 535.Parking is available Kingsgate Park & Ride.
- Between Shoreline and Northgate, use Routes 346 or 348.
- Parking is available at Aurora Village Transit Center and Shoreline Park & Ride.
- Between Shoreline and Northgate, use Routes 331, 345 or 348. Parking is available at Shoreline Park & Ride.
- Between Lake City and Northgate, use Route 20.
- Between Kenmore, Bothell, Lake Forest Park and Lake City, use Route 372 or ST Express Route 522.
- Between Northgate and South Lake Union, use Link to connect with Route 8 at Capitol Hill Station, or with Route 70 at U District Station, or with the RapidRide C Line, South Lake Union Streetcar or routes 40, 62, or 70 at Westlake Station. Parking is available at Northgate Station.
Bus fleet repairs and supply chain issues continue
Fleet availability continues to be a challenge, and maintenance crews are making repairs and returning buses to service. We also are working with vendors to improve and stabilize the supply chain challenges affecting our industry. We appreciate your patience while we complete this important work. We are also facing workforce availability challenges and are recruiting, training and promoting mechanics, operators and trade workers to deliver our service.
To support riders better, we are sending email and text Transit Alerts in advance where there are known, recurring canceled trips for the coming week.
Before traveling, riders are encouraged to:
- Visit Metro’s upgraded service advisories page to see if Metro has suspended routes or construction reroutes.
- Sign up for transit alerts for your favorite routes to receive updates via email and text.
- Not yet a subscriber? See the most recent alerts for your route.
Real-time information on the road
- Use “Text for Departures” by texting your bus stop number to 62550. You will receive a text with the next departure times and/or canceled trips at that stop.
- Use the Next Departures tool on Metro’s Trip Planner to see what trips are operating at your bus stop.
- On Twitter, follow @KingCountyMetro for general information.
- Call Metro’s customer service office, which is open on weekdays from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., at 206-553-3000.