The Seattle Kraken are ready to be released for 2023–and so are the fans who use transit to get to their games!
Led by Calder Trophy winner Matty Beniers, the goaltending of Philipp Grubauer and a youthful core of players, this amazing team defeated the defending Stanley Cup champions in their first playoff appearance last year.
If you’re going to Climate Pledge Arena, bring your voice, but leave your car at home. Your ticket to the game is also your free ride to the Seattle Center. In the 2022-23 season, one in four fans used their ticket to get to the rink!
Ticket holders, both season ticket holders and single-game tickets can access Transit GO Tickets using the Seattle Kraken app to ride transit. The passes can be used throughout your entire journey—across buses, light rail, Water Taxi, the Seattle Center Monorail and other transit. Don’t forget, your ticket to ANY public event at Climate Pledge Arena is now a free transit ticket.
Tips for a smooth skate to the Seattle Center this season
Plan your trip in advance. Visit Trip Planner, or use a third-party app like “One Bus Away” or Google Maps (using transit mode). Another way to find the best routes is by calling Metro Customer Service at 206-553-3000 on weekdays, from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Press 1 for an interpreter.)
Best routes from downtown Seattle to the game
- Catch the bus at Third Avenue and Pike Street. Ride either Route 3 or 4 to Fifth Avenue and Broad Street. After the game, you can head downtown for entertainment or other travel connections by boarding Route 3 or 4at Fifth Avenue and Broad Street. (Outside of MoPOP) and riding to Third Avenue and Pike Street downtown.
- Routes 1, 2, 8, 13, and the RapidRide D Line also run very close to the arena.
- And don’t forget, future all-stars 18 and younger ride to the game for free on buses, light rail, water taxis and ferries!
- The Seattle Center Monorail is a direct connection between downtown Seattle and Climate Pledge Arena. Link light rail riders can make an easy transfer to the Seattle Monorail at Westlake Station. Your ORCA card is also good on the Monorail! For the Monorail, youth need an ORCA card or an event ticket to ride for free. Without those, riders 6-18 must pay $1.75.
- To keep things moving, have your payment method ready each time you board.
Don’t be “offsides” when you’re heading to the game. Ride Metro to help “Release the Kraken!”