Sign up for email or text alerts about King County Metro service for personalized transit alerts sent directly to you.
Check your trip and allow more time!
Metro is running at over 96% of our service. We want to make sure you know if your trip is cancelled. Before you go, use our Next Departures tool or text your bus stop number to 62550 to check the status of your trip.
Check out the Metro Matters blog for transit alternatives for routes that have been temporarily suspended.
Weekend Service Impacts
|Weekend Service Impacts|
|Weekend Construction Reroute||Routes 255, 271 and ST 542||Transit service to eastside destinations will be affected by the ramp closure from Montlake Blvd E to eastbound SR 520 on Friday, August 12, Saturday, August 13 and Sunday, August 14 from 10:00 p.m. to end of service each night.|
|Weekend Construction Reroute||Routes 240, 249 and ST 550||Transit service will be affected in downtown Bellevue due to closure of 108th Avenue NE between NE 4th St and NE 6th St. from Saturday, August 13 at 9:00 a.m. to Sunday, August 14 at 6:00 p.m.|
|Event Reroute||Route 231||Transit service will be rerouted during the Celebrate Woodinville Festival and Parade on Saturday, August 13 from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.|
|Weekend festivals ahead: Grab a ride and forget about parking...|
|The purpose of the Seattle Love Festival is to bring the community together and introduce a non profit organization geared to support Seattle and King County youths with educational motivation and self esteem.
This event will be held from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. on Friday and 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Saturday. Traffic and pedestrian levels may be higher than normal near Judkins Park and Playfield. Routes 4 and 48 service this area.
|Obliteride is a rules of the road fundraising bike ride and 5k run/walk event that raises money and awareness for the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.
This event will be held at Gas Works Park from 3:00 to 9:30 p.m. on Friday and at University of WA E18 Parking Area from 5:00 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday.Traffic and pedestrian levels may be higher than normal in these areas. Routes 31 and 32 service the Gas Works Park area area. Routes 44, 45, 65, 67, 73, 75, 255, and 372 service the E18 Parking Area.
|Celebrate Woodinville Festival is a yearly summer festival including a community breakfast, parade, Basset Bash, and fair.
This event will be held from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday. Traffic and pedestrian levels may be higher than normal near Woodinville's town center. Routes 231 and ST522 service this area.
Route 231 will be rerouted for the event. Visit the Service Advisories page for details.
|The Kirkland Waterfront Car Show brings in around 10,000 visitors annually. This show has over 300 cars on display and over 30 vendors.
This event will be held from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday. Traffic and pedestrian levels may be higher than normal near Kirkland's Marina Park. Routes 231 and ST522 service this area. Routes 230, 231, 239, 245, 250, and 255 service this area.
|The 13th Lake Union 10K starts and finishes at Lake Union Park with gorgeous views of the lake along the Cheshiahud Lake Union Loop Trail.
This event will be held from 6:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on Sunday. Traffic and pedestrian levels may be higher than normal near Lake Union Park. Routes 40, 70, RapidRide C Line and South Lake Union Streetcar service this area.
- Take transit to all your sport events in Seattle this weekend. Metro and Link Light rail serves riders heading to T-Mobile Park or Lumen Field and the Seattle Center Monorail and Metro routes like the RapidRide D Line serves The Climate Pledge arena.
- OL Reign will have a match on Sunday at 12 noon at Lumen Field;
- Sounders FC will have a match on Sunday at 7 p.m. at Lumen Field;
- Seattle Center Monorail will operate late this weekend; Midnight on Friday, and until 11:30 on Saturday, and Sunday until 11 p.m. each night. The Monorail will depart approximately every 10 minutes;
- Get out into nature this weekend and take Trailhead Direct service to Mt. Si, Little Si and Mt. Tenriffe;
- Temporary Bus Stop Relocation for Trailhead Direct Mt. Si; Spring St & 4th Ave (EB) #1270, just east of 4th Ave, is temporarily relocated to Spring St just east of 5th Ave from June 1 to August 30;
- West Seattle Water Taxi and #773 and #775 shuttles are operating on the summer schedule, offering midday crossings 7 days a week, plus late options Fridays and Saturdays;
- ORCA and Transit GO payments are encouraged, read more
- We recommend customers arrive at their bus stop a few minutes before the scheduled departure time of their trip;
- Remember, it’s free and easy to sign up for email or text alerts about King County Metro service. Alerts can be tailored to your favorite route(s).
For the complete weekend transit alert click here.
As always, “It’s a great day to ride Metro” to get to events and activities where there is often traffic congestion and limited parking.