Sign up for email or text alerts about King County Metro service for personalized transit alerts sent directly to you.
Check your trip and allow more time! Before you go, use our Next Departures tool or text your bus stop number to 62550 to check the status of your trip.
Weekend Service Impacts
|Weekend Service Impacts|
|Weekend Construction Reroute||Route 12||Transit service will be affected by the closure of E Madison St., for all hours on Saturday, December 3 and Sunday, December 4.|
|Event Reroute||Routes 22, 50, 128 & RapidRide C Line||Transit service will be rerouted during the West Seattle Hometown Holidays Tree Lighting event from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Saturday, December 3.|
|Event Reroute||Routes 160 & 181||Transit service will be rerouted during the Auburn Santa Parade & Tree Lighting events from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday, December 3.|
|For a complete list of current service advisories, please visit Metro's Service Advisories page.|
- Take transit to all your events this weekend;
- Figgy Pudding Caroling Competition from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday at the Pike Place Market;
- West Seattle’s Hometown Holidays, Night Market and Tree Lighting from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday at The Junction;
- Kirkland’s Winterfest, from 4p.m. to 6p.m. on Saturday at Marina Park;
- Auburn’s Lighted Santa Parade beginning at 4:30 p.m. on Saturday from Auburn High School to City Hall on Main Street;
- The Kraken will host the Florida Panthers at 7 p.m. on Saturday at Climate Pledge Arena;
- Seattle Center Monorail will operate late this weekend on Sunday from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. The Monorail will depart approximately every 10 minutes;
- Water Taxi continues its seven-days a week service throughout the winter, with the exception of certain holidays. To help you prepare, here’s the holiday sailing schedule. The seven-day-a-week service will run from approximately 6 a.m. weekdays (8:30 a.m. weekends) to 7 p.m.;
- We recommend riders arrive at their bus stop a few minutes before the scheduled departure time of their trip;
- Riders can use Text for Departures by texting their stop number to 62550 to get next departure times;
- Remember, it’s free and easy to sign up for email or text alerts about King County Metro service. Alerts can be tailored to your favorite route(s).
For the complete Metro Weekend Update alert click here.
As always, “It’s a great day to ride Metro” to get to events and activities where there is often traffic congestion and limited parking.