Sign up for email or text alerts about King County Metro service for personalized transit alerts sent directly to you.
Weekend Service Impacts
- Event Reroute for Route 255; Transit service will be rerouted during the 12K’s of Christmas Run on Sunday, December 11 from 9 a.m. to noon;
- Take transit to all your events this weekend;
- Renegade Craft Fair will be at Hangar 30 in Magnuson Park on December 10 & 11 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.;
- The Seahawks will host the Carolina Panthers at 1:25 p.m. on Sunday at Lumen Field;
- Jingle Bell Run from 7 a.m. to noon on Sunday, December 11 at Green Lake Park;
- 12K’s of Christmas Holiday Run on Sunday, December 11 from 9 a.m. to noon in downtown Kirkland;
- Seattle Center Monorail will operate normal hours this weekend from 8:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. The Monorail will depart approximately every 10 minutes;
- Water Taxi continues its seven-days a week service throughout the winter, with the exception of certain holidays. To help you prepare, here’s the holiday sailing schedule. The seven-day-a-week service will run from approximately 6 a.m. weekdays (8:30 a.m. weekends) to 7 p.m.;
- We recommend riders arrive at their bus stop a few minutes before the scheduled departure time of their trip;
- Riders can use Text for Departures by texting their stop number to 62550 to get next departure times;
- Remember, it’s free and easy to sign up for email or text alerts about King County Metro service. Alerts can be tailored to your favorite route(s).
Metro is operating about 96% of our trips with no plans to suspend routes on Friday afternoon, Dec. 9. We still are experiencing trip cancellations while we work to repair our fleet and riders are encouraged to check their route before traveling to see if their trip is operating.
To check your trip and/or to discover other travel options, please use King County Metro’s planning tools:
- Use “Text for Departure” by texting your bus stop number to 62550. You will receive a text with the next departure times and/or canceled trips at that stop.
- Sign up for Transit Alerts via email or text.
- On Twitter, follow @kcmetroalerts for route alerts, cancellations and delays. Follow @KingCountyMetro for general information.
- Visit TripPlanner.kingcounty.gov and/or use other map apps (e.g., Bing Maps, Google Maps, One Bus Away, etc.)
- Metro’s customer service office is open on weekdays from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays at 206-553-3000.
For the complete Metro Weekend Update alert click here.
As always, “It’s a great day to ride Metro” to get to events and activities where there is often traffic congestion and limited parking.