Sign up for email or text alerts about King County Metro service for personalized transit alerts sent directly to you.
Weekend Service Impacts
- Temporary Weekend Bus Stop Closure for Routes 5, 21, 24, 27, 28, 33, 124, 131, 132, RapidRide D and RapidRide E; Stop #490 at 3rd Ave & Cherry St (SB), will be closed on Saturday, January 28 and Sunday, January 29 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.;
- Potential demonstrations this weekend: Prepare for possible travel disruptions
- Today, officials in Memphis released the video showing the arrest and death of Tyre Nichols. King County Metro is encouraging riders to sign up for transit alerts and monitor reports if the video leads to community demonstrations that affect bus, streetcar and Access paratransit service. More information on the Metro Matters blog.
- Take transit to all your sporting events in Seattle this weekend. Metro and Link Light Rail serves riders heading to T-Mobile Park, Husky Stadium, Lumen Field and Climate Pledge Arena;
- The Seattle Kraken will have a match at the Climate Pledge Arena at 7 p.m. on Friday, January 27 and Saturday, January 28;
- Seattle Center Monorail will operate on its normal schedule this weekend. The Monorail will depart approximately every 10 minutes;
- Water Taxi continues its seven-day-a-week service throughout the winter. The seven-day-a-week service will run from approximately 6 a.m. weekdays (8:30 a.m. weekends) to 7 p.m.;
- Please be aware that during our winter sailing season, conditions such as King Tides or high winds could create conditions that impact schedules. It may be necessary to reduce speed to protect the vessel on the Vashon route;
- We recommend riders arrive at their bus stop a few minutes before the scheduled departure time of their trip;
- Riders can use Text for Departures by texting their stop number to 62550 to get next departure times;
- Remember, it’s free and easy to sign up for email or text alerts about King County Metro service. Alerts can be tailored to your favorite route(s).
For the complete Metro Weekend Update alert click here.
As always, “It’s a great day to ride Metro” to get to events and activities where there is often traffic congestion and limited parking.