Sign up for email or text alerts about King County Metro service for personalized transit alerts sent directly to you.
Weekend Service Impacts
- Temporary reroute for All Routes that travel 3rd Avenue between Pine and Union Streets (Routes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 13, 14, 21, 24, 27, 33, 36, 40, 49, 62, 70, 124, 125, 131, 132 and RapidRide C, D, E and H Lines); Transit service will be affected during the closure of 3rd Avenue between Pine Street and Union Street in downtown Seattle from Saturday, May 6 at 8 a.m. to Sunday, May 7 at 5 p.m.;
- Temporary reroute for Route 48; Transit service will be affected in the Montlake area during the Opening Day of Boating Season on Sat May 6 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.;
- Temporary reroute for Route 241; Transit service to Eastgate P&R is rerouted from 10 p.m. on Friday May 5 until 5 a.m. Monday May 8 due to construction on the ramp to eastbound I-90;
- Temporary reroute for Route 241; Transit service to Eastgate P&R will be rerouted off a portion of 108th Avenue NE on Saturday, May 6 and Sunday, May 7 from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day;
- Temporary reroute for Routes 255, 271 and ST 542; Transit service will be rerouted in the University District from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, May 6 due to the Opening Day of Boating Season Parade;
- Stop relocation for Routes 240 and 343; Stop #82741 at 112th Avenue NE & Main Street (Northbound) relocated from Friday, May 5 at 7 p.m. to Saturday, May 6 at 6 a.m. due to construction;
- Stop relocation for Routes 3, 4 and 13; Stop #41290 at 3rd Avenue W & W Smith Street (Southbound) relocated Saturday, May 6 to Sunday, May 7 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day due to construction;
- Damage to the ceiling of the Downtown Seattle Transit Tunnel (DSTT) at Westlake Station is disrupting Sound Transit Link 1 Line service until further notice;
- Metro and Sound Transit offer alternative bus options to travel to and from downtown Seattle or between Link light rail stations listed on the Metro Matters blog and the chart below;
- Take transit to all your events in Seattle this weekend. Metro and Link Light Rail serves riders heading to T-Mobile Park, Husky Stadium, Lumen Field and Climate Pledge Arena;
- The Seattle Kraken will have a match at the Climate Pledge Arena at 6:30 p.m. on Sunday, May 7;
- Sounders have a match on Sunday, May 7 at 1:30 p.m. at Lumen Field;
- The Mariners are playing at T-Mobile Park on Friday, May 5 at 7:10 p.m., Saturday 6:40 p.m. and Sunday 1:10 p.m.;
- West Seattle Water Taxi summer schedule has begun. Weekday service runs from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m., weekend service from 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m., and additional late night runs on Fridays and Saturdays until 11 p.m. Vashon Water Taxi schedule here;
- Seattle Center Monorail will operate extended hours on Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 12 a.m. and Sunday from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. The Monorail will depart approximately every 10 minutes;
- We recommend riders arrive at their bus stop a few minutes before the scheduled departure time of their trip;
- Riders can use Text for Departures by texting their stop number to 62550 to get next departure times;
- Remember, it’s free and easy to sign up for email or text alerts about King County Metro service. Alerts can be tailored to your favorite route(s).
For the complete Metro Weekend Update alert click here.
As always, “It’s a great day to ride Metro” to get to events and activities where there is often traffic congestion and limited parking.