Sign up for email or text alerts about King County Metro service for personalized transit alerts sent directly to you.
Weekend Service Impacts
- Metro continues to deliver more than 90% of its typical 11,000 weekday trips. Before traveling, riders are encouraged to review our service advisories, use real-time tools below to see whether the trip they want is operating and review our list of alternative routes if their route is temporarily suspended.
- On Friday, Dec. 16, Metro will temporarily suspend the following routes: 9, 15, 17, 18, 29, 64, 121, 237, 301, and 304. Visit the Metro Matters Blog for alternatives for suspended routes.
To check your trip and/or to discover other travel options, please use King County Metro’s planning tools:
- Use “Text for Departure” by texting your bus stop number to 62550. You will receive a text with the next departure times and/or canceled trips at that stop;
- Sign up for Transit Alerts via email or text;
- On Twitter, follow @kcmetroalerts for route alerts, cancellations and delays. Follow @KingCountyMetro for general information;
- Visit TripPlanner.kingcounty.gov and/or use other map apps (e.g., Bing Maps, Google Maps, One Bus Away, etc.);
- Metro’s customer service office is open on weekdays from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays at 206-553-3000.
- Take transit to all your sporting events in Seattle;
- The Seattle Kraken will have a match at the Climate Pledge Arena at 5 p.m. on Sunday;
- Seattle Center Monorail will operate late this weekend on Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 12 a.m. The Monorail will depart approximately every 10 minutes;
- Water Taxi continues its seven-days a week service throughout the winter, with the exception of certain holidays. To help you prepare, here’s the holiday sailing schedule. The seven-day-a-week service will run from approximately 6 a.m. weekdays (8:30 a.m. weekends) to 7 p.m.;
- We recommend riders arrive at their bus stop a few minutes before the scheduled departure time of their trip;
- Riders can use Text for Departures by texting their stop number to 62550 to get next departure times;
- Remember, it’s free and easy to sign up for email or text alerts about King County Metro service. Alerts can be tailored to your favorite route(s).
For the complete Metro Weekend Update alert click here.
As always, “It’s a great day to ride Metro” to get to events and activities where there is often traffic congestion and limited parking.